- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
I can’t do it for Portugal alone, says Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo says Portugal must have at least ‘seven or eight’ players in good form if they are to win the World Cup.
“I don’t play alone, and I can’t perform miracles,” said the 2008 World Player of the Year.
“We have to do well collectively.
“To win the World Cup, the team has to have seven or eight players in very good form. Even with just two or three it is difficult.”
The Portugal winger, who scored 33 goals during his first season with Real Madrid, also added that he had not been paying attention to comments made about him by his new club manager JosÃƒÂ© Mourinho.
“I’ve been on vacation for the last five days, resting, and I switched off from everything,” the winger added. “I didn’t keep up with that controversy.”
Ronaldo was clearly riled, however, by suggestions that he always saved his best performances for club rather than country.
“The people who say that don’t understand anything about football,” he said.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck