1. “Turns out the Pope is staying in Wimbledon. I did not know this until I walked past the security guards with machine guns yesterday.”
The Papal visit catches tennis starlet Laura Robson by surprise.
2. “Going to sleep now hoping I don’t wake up having dreamt about talking to Derren Brown in the hotel car park!”
Our fingers are crossed for cricketer Jimmy Anderson.
3. “It’s the end of a really nice and busy day for me with tennis, sponsor commitments and I also made it to the hairdresser :)”
US Open semi-finalist Caroline Wozniacki tweets after a hard day’s work.
4.“Hey woz vote for me :)”
John Isner asks Wozniacki to help him win this poll. Sadly for the 6’9″ American, he only managed 12.95% of the votes.
5. “Wow….I been tweeting 4 fun 2day! Is there such thing as a tweetaholic?!”
Yes, Rio Ferdinand, there is.
6. (It’s the eve of Manchester United v Liverpool) “Who you got tomorrow bud??” Kevin Pietersen casually asks Rio Ferdinand, who promptly replies: “Liverpool! where u been?? Pluto? No TV in your house?! U should know who we got bro!”
7. “Hmm, a bit tired this morning. Just poured orange juice on my weetabix. Not what I’d call the ideal start.”
A stuttering start to the day for cricketer Graeme Swann.
8. “President of FIFA, world football’s governing body.”
Technically no tweet here – we just find it strange that Sepp Blatter, the anti-technologyasaurus himself, has his very own Twitter account.
9. “We have a meeting now with the Referees .. Who are gonna explain how they will deal with decisions this year .. It’s every year the same ..”
Poor old Ryan Babel. This particular meeting sounds insufferably dull.
10. “What were you doing when you dropped your phone in the toilet?” Andy Roddick asks Serena Williams. “I dropped mine in once, and i know what i was doing…”
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news