- England v India: Player ratings as hosts win third Test
- England v India: Three talking points as hosts level series
- England v India: Talking points as Cook gets it right on day four
- England v India: Three talking points as Jos Buttler impresses
- England wicketkeeper Jos Buttler inspired by Adam Gilchirst
- Jonathan Agnew: There are deep concerns about England form
Video special: The top 10 funny cricket TV moments
Dan Fitch takes a look at the funniest cricket moments that have ever been caught on camera
When the Cricket World Cup begins next month, every second of action will be shown on television to fans across the world.
There will be examples of brilliant batting and lethal bowling, but just as entertaining will be the odd moment of madness, when things don’t go as planned. To prove it, here are the 10 funniest ever TV cricket moments.
10) Zach Galifianakis is a cricket fan
So does the plot of The Hangover 2 feature the gang attending a cricket match between Australia and Pakistan?
9) Mystery sniper takes out batsman
A simple hamstring injury – or has this batsman just been shot in the back of the leg?
8) The worst run out attempt of all time
Just how much nearer did Murali Khartik need to be?
7) Leg onto wicket
Even with pads on this batsman seems terrified of being hit by Michael Holden’s delivery.
6) Good job it wasn’t Beefy
One former England captain struggles to retain his composure, as another former England captain sits on his foot with a chair.
5) Caught with your pants down
If you lose your trousers, as Lou Vincent does in this clip, then it’s a good idea to keep your eye on the ball.
4) The best six of all time
Alan Border hits the type of six that you normally only see if the game’s being played with a tennis ball and the bowler is delivering underarm.
3) Anything you can do…
The Australian crowd decide to mimic every movement made by England’s Ronnie Irani. Whether this extended to the whole crowd later pretending to get bowled out pretty cheaply, is not known.
2) Dick Dastardly should hire Jacques Rudolph
If Jacques Rudolph tried another 1000 times, he probably wouldn’t have been able to hit a mid-flight pigeon with a cricket ball. Unfortunately for the pigeon, Rudolph unwittingly succeeded at his first attempt.
1) Flight of the drunken Kiwi
A rather drunk New Zealand cricket fan takes a tumble and suffers the ignominy of David Gower giving a play-by-play commentary on his fall. At least he doesn’t spill any.
Reproduced with permission from betting.betfair.com. Ã‚Â© The Sporting Exchange Limited◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- England v India: Player ratings from 3rd Test
- Talking points as England level series
- Talking points as Cook gets it right on day four
- Talking points as Anderson stars on day three
- Talking points as Buttler impresses on day two