- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd make double bid, Arsenal to sign Carvalho
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
Udinese winger Alexis SÃƒÂ¡nchez ‘agrees terms’ with Barcelona
Manchester United and Manchester City target close to joining La Liga champions, claims Udinese president
UdineseÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s coveted winger Alexis SÃƒÂ¡nchez has agreed personal terms with Barcelona, according to the Serie A club’s president.
The 22-year-old Chilean has been linked with a host of clubs this summer, including Manchester United and Manchester City, after he netted 12 goals to help Udinese finish fourth in the Italian league.
Now, Udinese president Franco Soldati claims SÃƒÂ¡nchez has agreed a Ã¢â€šÂ¬3m-a-year deal with the Catalan giants, but a deal is yet to be reached between the two clubs.
“From what we were told by the player’s agent Fernando Felicevich, Alexis SÃƒÂ¡nchez has an agreement with Barcelona for a contract worth Ã¢â€šÂ¬3m a season,” Soldati said, according to La Tercera.
“This does not necessarily mean he will go, but it is what the player wants. We hope to fulfil the player’s wish, but I don’t think negotiations will be finalised until at least the end of June.”
SÃƒÂ¡nchez has previously revealed his desire to seal a move to the Camp Nou. “Barcelona would be a splendid destination,” said SÃƒÂ¡nchez, who joined Udinese from Chilean side Cobreloa for Ã¢â€šÂ¬3m in 2006.
“The interest of great clubs in me makes me proud. It means I am doing well. I want to progress, play and win important trophies and to do this you need to play for the most prestigious clubs. Therefore I hope to have this chance.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rose: Liverpool will test Tottenham's potential
- Arsenal boss Wenger coy on Rabiot reports
- Kane determined to seize Spurs chance
- Kane rules out Rep of Ireland switch
- Wenger reflects on Arsenal's 'difficult' draw