- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Chelsea target Neymar insists he is happy in Brazil
Brazil striker Neymar insists he has no regrets about rejecting a move to Chelsea last summer
Santos striker Neymar insists has no regrets about turning down a move to Chelsea last summer, insisting he is happy with life in Brazil.
The Blues were rumoured to be interested in bringing the 19-year-old, who is widely regarded as one of South America’s brightest prospects, to the Premier League in a big money deal.
But the forward opted to remain in his home country – and it is a decision he stands by. “Last year’s proposition from Chelsea? I really have no regrets,” Neymar told France Football magazine.
“From the moment I decided to remain in my own country I thought it was right. Without that decision I would not have won the Copa Libertadores, a title which Santos was waiting almost 50 years for.”
“Obviously I am dreaming to play in Europe. I don’t know when but one day I will go,” he continued. “I have always loved Spanish football, but there are other leagues that attract me too, like Italy or England.”
Neymar last week signed a new deal with Santos to keep him at the club until at least 2014. “After that he will decide where to go,” said his agent, Wagner Ribeiro.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side