- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
Chelsea target Neymar insists he is happy in Brazil
Brazil striker Neymar insists he has no regrets about rejecting a move to Chelsea last summer
Santos striker Neymar insists has no regrets about turning down a move to Chelsea last summer, insisting he is happy with life in Brazil.
The Blues were rumoured to be interested in bringing the 19-year-old, who is widely regarded as one of South America’s brightest prospects, to the Premier League in a big money deal.
But the forward opted to remain in his home country – and it is a decision he stands by. “Last year’s proposition from Chelsea? I really have no regrets,” Neymar told France Football magazine.
“From the moment I decided to remain in my own country I thought it was right. Without that decision I would not have won the Copa Libertadores, a title which Santos was waiting almost 50 years for.”
“Obviously I am dreaming to play in Europe. I don’t know when but one day I will go,” he continued. “I have always loved Spanish football, but there are other leagues that attract me too, like Italy or England.”
Neymar last week signed a new deal with Santos to keep him at the club until at least 2014. “After that he will decide where to go,” said his agent, Wagner Ribeiro.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philiosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me
- Back Man City & four more to win at 10/1!
- PHOTOS: Man Utd gear up for Burnley trip
- Why Bilbao will be a force in group stage