- Max Verstappen will cope in F1, says Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost
- Belgian Grand Prix 2014: Hamilton ‘very upset’ after crash with Rosberg
- British Grand Prix 2012: Silverstone circuit facts and figures
- Lewis Hamilton vows to race through pain after German Grand Prix crash
- Nico Rosberg tells Lewis Hamilton: I’m 100% German
Kimi Räikkönen ‘relaxed’ over return to Formula 1
The Sport Review brings you a round-up of all of the latest news from the world of Formula 1
New Lotus Renault GP driver Kimi Räikkönen is excited about his return to F1 – but insists he is not under pressure to produce results.
The 2007 world champion visited the teamâ€™s headquarters in Enstone on Friday to meet colleagues at the factory, before staying for an early Christmas party.
With two years out of F1 after a switch to the World Rally Championship, questions remain over the Finnâ€™s ability to jump in a 2012 car and produce results, with some going as far as to point to Michael Schumacherâ€™s inability to turn it on for Mercedes following his return to the sport after a lengthy absence.
â€œIt is my first time in Enstone so it is very nice to see the factoryâ€“it feels good,â€ RÃ¤ikkÃ¶nen told the LRGP website. â€œIt is a very warm feeling and Iâ€™m very relaxed.
â€œI havenâ€™t really read the newspapers about all the excitement, but it is quite normal, isn’t it? It doesnâ€™t put any more pressure on me.
â€œI always try to do my best, so I don’t put myself under pressure. It will be exciting, yes, but no pressure really and we will see how it goes.â€
Williams have confirmed that Pastor Maldonado will remain with the team in 2012, with Valtteri Bottas as the teamâ€™s official third driver.
Sir Frank Williams has yet to name the teamâ€™s second driver, with Force Indiaâ€™s Adrian Sutil among those linked with a move to the Grove-based team to replace veteran Rubens Barrichello, who is unlikely to be retained.
Sir Frank had already publicly declared that Maldonado was likely to stay, despite question marks over his sponsorship in Venezuela over his PDVSA sponsorship.
Bottas, who won the 2011 GP3 Series, will take part in 15 Friday practice sessions during the season.
Toro Rosso have boosted their technical team with the recruitment of former McLaren project leader Luca Furbatto and former Williams head of aerodynamics Jon Tomlinson.
Furbatto has joined Toro Rossoâ€™s design team at their Italian headquarters in Faenza, after 11 years at McLaren as their head of stress analysis and materials, and assistant project leader, and will be promoted to chief designer at Toro Rosso on 1 April when Ben Butler returns to Red Bull.
Tomlinson will join Toro Rossoâ€™s wind tunnel team in Bicester, Oxfordshire as deputy head of aerodynamics, after five years as head of aerodynamics at Williams, before he resigned after the teamâ€™s troubled start to the season.
GP2 Series champion Romain Grosjean will test for BMWâ€™s DTM team next week, as a Formula 1 drive in 2012 now looks unlikely.
The 25-year-old had been tipped to return to the cockpit at Renault as a stand-in for the injured Robert Kubica, but former world champion Räikkönenâ€™s was chosen ahead of Grosjean, and Bruno Senna, and with few seats available in the sport, Grosjean has no choice but to look elsewhere and bide his time.
Bernie Ecclestone has given the Circuit of the Americas an extra week to save the US Grand Prix from being removed from the 2012 calendar.
Ecclestone has lost patience with the promoters of the new race in Texas over failure to guarantee the race sanctioning fee, and insisted it was the final chance after COTA executives reportedly met the F1 supremo in London to thrash out a deal.
The extra time for COTA to find the money, gives them until the next World Motor Sport Council meeting in Delhi on 7 December, where the race will be formally removed if the conditions arenâ€™t met.
â€œThe deadline hasnâ€™t been met so we are still trying to make it happen,â€ Ecclestone told AP. â€œThey need to get some money and a pen. They are struggling to get the financial side sorted out.â€
He added: â€œIf it isnâ€™t all signed before the World Motor Sport Council meeting, it canâ€™t happen.â€
Former F1 driver turned commentator Martin Brundle has revealed that he will leave BBC for Sky Sports next year.
The satellite channel won the rights to show every race live next year, with the BBC showing just 10 live, with extended highlights packages for the remaining races.
â€œItâ€™s very important for me to be covering every Formula 1 weekend with the intense energy of live television,â€ Brundle told Sky Sports. â€œThere will be also be plenty of time and scope at Sky to create the features I really enjoy making which highlight the skills and fascinating technology of F1.
â€œIt’s been a privilege working with BBCF1, and now I am very motivated with new opportunities at Sky Sports F1 HD.â€
Some fans were concerned about the possibility of the races being interrupted with adverts as was the case in the sportâ€™s days on free-to-air commercial channel ITV, but Sky Sports have confirmed that their coverage will be advert-free, and available to Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 subscribers.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- Mercedes boss hits out at Rosberg
- Rosberg takes pole in Belgium
- Hamilton: It's great to be back
- Tost: Verstappen will cope in F1
- Horner explains Vettel's struggles