- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal coy on Javier Hernandez future
- Arsenal transfers: Serge Aurier confirms Gunners approach
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers coy on Loïc Rémy deal
Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish does not expect to bring in any new players during the January transfer window
Kenny Dalglish insists he is not planning to splash the cash in the January transfer window, saying he is pleased with the Liverpool squad currently at his disposal.
The 60-year-old Reds boss claims he has the funds available should he want to bolster his squad before the end of the month but maintains that he is unlikely to bring in any new faces.
“We’ve got an option to be active if we want to be active, but we said at the outset that we’d be quiet,” Dalglish told a news conference on Friday.
“It’s work in progress for us. We’ll just keep doing what we’re doing, and the boys will keep working as hard as they can, and we’ll see where we go.
“If we needed somebody to bolster up, we could do it – but I said right at the outset, we don’t. We’re not really chasing after anybody that we want to bring in in January. We’ve been happy with what [the players] have done since August.”
The Liverpool boss, whose side host Stoke City at Anfield on Saturday, added: “I don’t think it is unusual when we said at the start we would not be very busy.
“I think it’s unusual when people try to invent things, get it horribly wrong and then ask us to justify it.
“We said right at the outset, if anything there will be very little [transfer activity]. It’s a little bit disrespectful to us after trying to be honest and saying there might not be much, that we get accused of not being active.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Podolski urges Khedira to join Arsenal
- Vidal 'will join Man Utd next month'
- Aurier confirms Arsenal approach
- Cavani won't rule out PSG exit
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea