- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
Man City have ‘nothing to worry about’ in title race – Joe Hart
Joe Hart convinced Manchester City can claw back Manchester United's one point lead and win the Premier League title
Joe Hart believes Manchester City have “nothing to worry about” in the title race – despite trailing arch-rivals Manchester United by a point.
“We need to play well in every game because there are not many left now,” Hart told City’s website.
“We’re one point behind the leaders of the Premier League, we’re a good team and we’ve got nothing to worry about.
“We’ll go into the game against Chelsea as favourites – and we should be favourites.”
The 24-year-old has been one of City’s most consistent performers this season, but the former Shrewsbury Town goalkeeper insisted he can still up his game.
“I can definitely improve,” he added. “I like to think I’m improving in all sorts of areas.
“All keepers are going to have good patches and bad patches and at the moment I seem to be in a good one – but I know that can change. You need to be mentally strong, more than anything.”
Hart described City team-mate Mario Balotelli as one of the world’s best penalty takers after the Italian striker scored from the spot in the 3-2 victory over Lisbon on Thursday.
But the England international is confident he would come out on top should the pair meet at Euro 2012.
“Yeah, I hate to say it, he’s one of the best I’ve ever faced,” said Hart.
“He’s got this mad ability where he doesn’t need to look at the ball. If you don’t move he kicks it in the corner; if you do move he kicks it the other way – it’s almost impossible to stop.
“I need to get inside his head and I reckon if England played Italy, I would be able to stop him!”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig