Chelsea have not made an offer for Hulk, says Porto president
Porto reveal there have been no offers for their Brazil international Hulk despite apparent interest from Chelsea
Chelsea have not made an offer to sign Brazilian striker Hulk, according to Porto’s president.
The 25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move the Champions League winners after scoring 16 goals in 26 games as Porto won the Primeira Liga last season.
Didier Drogba joined Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua earlier this week, and Chelsea have already moved to reinvigorate their squad, with Eden Hazard and Marko Marin securing transfers to Stamford Bridge this summer.
“At the moment, Porto have not been contacted by any club to discuss the sale of our player,” said club president Pinto da Costa.
“There are no offers on the table. That is the truth, despite what the papers say about Chelsea and PSG.
“Those stories are simply rumours. If you believe what they say, Hulk has already left us.”
On Wednesday, Hulk gave his strongest indication yet that he wants to join Chelsea by claiming that any player would be interested in joining the Blues – although the Brazil international conceded his future is in Porto’s hands.
“Chelsea are the current European champions and would please any player and I’m no exception. I’d be happy if the transfer happened,” Hulk told the Daily Mail.
“I leave everything in the hands of Porto. I am under contract and I have been happy at Porto for four years, where I have achieved everything.
“I’ll have the club in my heart no matter what happens this summer or in any other summer.”
Hulk has scored 76 goals in 166 appearances in all competitions after moving from Tokyo Verdy to Porto in 2008.
Like The Sport Review on Facebook: