Everton’s David Moyes: I’ve had no contact with Tottenham Hotspur
Everton manager David Moyes insists he has had no contact with Tottenham Hotspur and that he is happy at Goodison Park
David Moyes insists he has had no contact with Tottenham after Harry Redknapp was sacked by Spurs on Wednesday.
The Everton manager immediately emerged as one of the leading candidates to replace Redknapp at White Hart Lane, but the 49-year-old is adamant he has not spoken to anyone at the north London club.
“All I can say is that I have had no contact and if I had had any I would have told my chairman,” Moyes told BBC Sport.
“I came back from holiday and found out about Harry and I feel sad for him because I feel he has done a good job.”
“I have tried to speak to Harry. I feel for him, I feel as though it has been tough on Harry. I said last year I would have paid to watch Tottenham.”
Moyes has established Everton as a top-eight team in the Premier League after joining the Goodison Park outfit from Preston North End in 2002.
The Scot is desperate to bring silverware to the Merseyside club and Moyes insisted his focus is only on preparing the Toffees for next season.
“I hope to meet all my ambitions at Everton but you never know in this game,” he said. “I’ve had no contact.”
“I’m ambitious and I want to try to win things and ideally I want to do that with Everton.
“We brought in two or three players in January and you could see the difference it made to the club, so we want to try and do that again.
“I told my chairman four weeks ago [that money was needed to compete] so for me my concentration is on getting Everton ready for the start of the season, and hopefully getting off to a better one than we’ve had in recent years.
“I’ve always been loyal and I will continue to be loyal to Everton – as long as they want me, I’m happy there.”
Like The Sport Review on Facebook: