- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Liverpool legend wanted Romelu Lukaku to get Everton’s No9 shirt
Mario Balotelli: The ref booked me because he was jealous of my body
Asked why he didn't smile after scoring against Germany, striker said: "Does a postman celebrate when he delivers a letter?"
Mario Balotelli has a habit of turning heads even when things are going well.
On Thursday night he scored both of Italy’s goals against Germany which booked the Azzurri‘s place in the final of Euro 2012 on Sunday.
But after the game, he could barely muster a smile. In fact, according to the Manchester City striker, there’s no reason to ever celebrate a goal.
“Does a postman celebrate when he delivers a letter?” said Balotelli. “I’m just doing my job. Why should I celebrate?”
The Italian’s bizarre comments did not stop there. He also joked that the referee gave him a yellow card for removing his shirt after scoring the second goal because he was envious of the player’s muscles.
“The referee saw my body and became jealous, so he booked me,” joked the 21-year-old forward.
For the best sports news from Spain without picking up a dictionary, visit www.as.com/english◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard