- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
Rafael van der Vaart keen to stay at Tottenham Hotspur
Rafael van der Vaart wants to stay at Tottenham Hotspur but the midfielder admits his future may lie away from White Hart Lane
Rafael van der Vaart has underlined his desire to stay at Tottenham Hotspur despite the Dutch midfielder admitting there is uncertainty surrounding his future this summer.
The 29-year-old has scored an impressive 28 goals in 76 appearances for Tottenham and is a reported target for Bundesliga side Schalke this summer.
“I don’t know [where my future lies]. Actually, I want to stay at Tottenham. But, in football, you never know,” he told German newspaper Bild.
“I spent three years living in Hamburg and had a wonderful time at HSV. My wife, Sylvie, works there and we have many friends who live in your country.”
Meanwhile, Spurs boss Redknapp is optimistic the north London club can complete a deal for Ajax captain and Belgium international Jan Vertonghen after the player revealed a deal is close.
“Jan is a terrific passer and versatile, too. He can play at the heart of defence but also plays very comfortable at left-back. I hope a deal is done but I don’t think it’s quite finished yet,” Redknapp told the Sun.
The 25-year-old, who featured in the 1-0 defeat by England at Wembley on Saturday, revealed that he is close to completing a move from the Eredivisie to the Premier Leauge on Friday.
“I am a big fan of the Premier League. It is almost the only competition I watch on TV and for me it is the best competition in the world,” the defender said.
“I would like to play in the Premier League. I am not in contact every day but I think it could be very close now, maybe a couple of weeks or maybe days.”
“I probably know which team I will be going to. I know where I want to go and I think it is clear to everybody.” And when asked if that club is Tottenham, he said: “Yes.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig