- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
Chelsea transfer target Hulk: I haven’t talked to anyone
Chelsea transfer target Hulk moves to dampen speculation linking him with a move to Stamford Bridge this summer
Hulk has moved to cool speculation over his future by insisting he has not held talks with any clubs, despite being relentlessly linked with a move to Chelsea.
The 25-year-old Brazilian striker has been tipped to be on the verge of a big-money move to west London in recent weeks but there is yet to be any official confirmation from either club.
Hulk, whose Estádio do Dragão contract runs until 2016, was linked with a move to Chelsea last summer but a transfer failed to materialise under former Blues boss André Villas-Boas.
And the forward, who has netted 76 goals in 166 appearances for the Portuguese side, insists he knows nothing about a possible move to Stamford Bridge and says he is only focused on performing for Brazil at the London 2012 Olympics.
“I have four more years on my contract with Porto, and I’m focusing on the national team [ahead of the London 2012 Olympics],” Hulk told Lancenet.
“I haven’t talked to anyone. As everyone knows, I don’t follow negotiations closely as that will make me lose my focus. I let my agent deal with that stuff.”
Hulk’s comments come after Porto president Pinto da Costa denied that any negotiations have taken place between the Portuguese champions and Chelsea or any other club this summer.
“I don’t know why you ask me about Hulk and don’t ask me about Helton, Joao Moutinho, James [Rodriguez], Maicon and the others,” he said.
“Hulk is as close to leaving as the others. For other players, there have been some approaches. Until now, nothing has arrived for Hulk.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard