Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko rubbishes AC Milan speculation
Edin Dzeko denies rumours he is set to join AC Milan, insisting he does not want to leave Manchester City
Edin Dzeko has denied holding talks with AC Milan, with the striker reaffirming his commitment to Premier League champions Manchester City.
The 26-year-old has scored 25 goals in 61 appearances after moving from Wolfsburg to the Eastlands outfit in a £27m deal in January 2011.
However, the Bosnia and Herzegovina international only started 16 Premier League games for the champions last season as he struggled to contend with Sergio Aguero and Mario Balotelli for a place in Roberto Mancini’s first-team.
Milan, who sold Zlatan Ibrahimović to Paris Saint-Germain earlier this week, have been heavily linked with the former Teplice striker.
But Dzeko insisted the speculation was unfounded and he is focusing on another season with City.
“Following speculation about my departure from City, and the decisions of individuals who say they are my agent, I would like to inform everyone that I have not spoken with AC Milan,” said Dzeko.
“My agent is Irfan Redzepagic and neither of us wants to force a departure from City.
“I will focus entirely on this club and take no notice of speculation in the media, especially if it comes from people who have nothing to do with me.”
Last Sunday, Mancini underlined his desire to keep both Dzeko and Carlos Tévez at the Etihad stadium as the Italian prepares to mastermind back-to-back Premier League titles.
“Both Dzeko and Tévez will stay at City. We are a great team and we try to keep all our great players. It won’t be easy but they will stay here,” Mancini told Sky Sport Italia.
Like The Sport Review on Facebook: