- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain thrilled with Euro 2012 experience
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain admits it was an "unbelievable" experience to feature for England at Euro 2012 this summer
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has revealed his delight at being involved at Euro 2012 with England and admits he did not expect to feature at all in Poland and Ukraine.
The 18-year-old Arsenal midfielder was a surprise call-up to Roy Hodgson’s squad and was handed his first start for the opening group game against France.
Oxlade-Chamberlain, who made three appearances at the European championship, says it was an “unbelievable” experience and admits he learned a lot from training with England’s senior stars.
“It was everything I expected and a bit more – it was an amazing experience all round,” Oxlade-Chamberlain told Arsenal Player.
“Obviously it was my first involvement in a senior England squad, and for it to be at a massive tournament like the Euros – well, it doesn’t get much better than that.
“It was brilliant to be in and around the squad and to train with the players I trained with. I learnt a lot from it.
“I didn’t expect to play, but then I didn’t expect to go in the first place.
“It was all a bit of a surprise but I tried to take it in my stride. I was grateful for every minute that I got on the pitch and the whole experience was unbelievable.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Özil is not getting enough praise, says Wenger
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me
- Back Man City & four more to win at 10/1!
- PHOTOS: Man Utd gear up for Burnley trip