- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Arsenal new-boy Santi Cazorla is technically perfect – Arsène Wenger
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is once again full of praise for new signing Santi Cazorla, hailing him as "technically perfect"
Arsène Wenger has heaped yet more praise on Arsenal’s new signing Santi Cazorla following the Spaniard’s impressive arrival in the Premier League.
The Gunners wrapped up a £16m deal to bring the midfielder to The Emirates from Malaga earlier this summer and the 27-year-old has slotted seamlessly into Wenger’s first team.
Cazorla has already netted one goal and bagged two assists in his four appearances – and Wenger is thrilled to have prised the playmaker away from Spain, adding that the Gunners also tried to sign him last summer.
“Cazorla is a player who is just a pleasure to watch,” Wenger said after Arsenal’s 6-1 win over Southampton on Saturday.
“You want him to have the ball. He typifies what Spain’s midfielders are today – he is technically perfect, he has great vision and a great team attitude.
“We did fight with Malaga at the time [to get him last summer] and they were in Spain, they were quick to do the deal.
“But we remained on the ball, we were quite advanced with him last season.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck