- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
Arsenal new-boy Santi Cazorla is technically perfect – Arsène Wenger
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is once again full of praise for new signing Santi Cazorla, hailing him as "technically perfect"
Arsène Wenger has heaped yet more praise on Arsenal’s new signing Santi Cazorla following the Spaniard’s impressive arrival in the Premier League.
The Gunners wrapped up a £16m deal to bring the midfielder to The Emirates from Malaga earlier this summer and the 27-year-old has slotted seamlessly into Wenger’s first team.
Cazorla has already netted one goal and bagged two assists in his four appearances – and Wenger is thrilled to have prised the playmaker away from Spain, adding that the Gunners also tried to sign him last summer.
“Cazorla is a player who is just a pleasure to watch,” Wenger said after Arsenal’s 6-1 win over Southampton on Saturday.
“You want him to have the ball. He typifies what Spain’s midfielders are today – he is technically perfect, he has great vision and a great team attitude.
“We did fight with Malaga at the time [to get him last summer] and they were in Spain, they were quick to do the deal.
“But we remained on the ball, we were quite advanced with him last season.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip
- Van Gaal: Now I'm the devil of Manchester
- Giles: I wouldn't sign Balotelli for free