- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Arsène Wenger delight as Jack Wilshere resumes full training
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger cannot hide his delight after midfielder returns to full training following lengthy lay-off
Arsène Wenger could hide his delight after Jack Wilshere resumed full training with the Arsenal squad on Thursday following more than a year out of action.
The 20-year-old midfielder, who was recently handed the No10 shirt by Wenger, missed the whole of last season with foot and ankle injuries but now finally looks set to be on course for a return to action.
“We are so pleased that Jack is back in full training,” Wenger said. “It’s been 14 months and that’s a long time for someone at his age. It’s an eternity, but it’s great news.
“We have to give him a few training sessions to see how he copes and responds to it. That’s the delicate, sensitive stage – to choose when to bring him in and out. We’ll have to handle that day-by-day.
“We also have Emmanuel Frimpong who has returned to full training this week, which is great news as well. Emmanuel has also been out a long time, but is progressing well.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers