- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Chelsea’s Fernando Torres: I can beat my best Liverpool tally this term
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres believes he is well-placed to beat his best Liverpool goal tally after Didier Drogba's departure
Fernando Torres believes Didier Drogba’s Chelsea exit means he is under more pressure to deliver in front of goal – but is convinced he can grab biggest ever total this season.
The 28-year-old Spaniard has already netted three goals in five appearances this season after managing just 11 in the last campaign after finding himself behind Drogba in the Stamford Bridge pecking order.
Torres feels that the Ivorian’s summer move to Shanghai Shenhua has left him as the focal point of the Blues’ attack and is confident he is now well-placed to beat his best Liverpool tally after he hit 33 goals in 2007-08.
“Didier is not here anymore, so there is more responsibility for me and I’m ready for the challenge,” Torres was quoted as saying by the Daily Star.
“Now, I am looking for new personal targets, like getting as many goals as possible, hopefully more than in my best season at Liverpool.
“The Premier League is the big target and I think it is a good time, especially for me, to give something back to the fans.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck