- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
Betting tips: Why Jonjo Shelvey will net for Liverpool against Young Boys
Betting tips: The Tipster is backing Jonjo Shelvey to score for Liverpool against Young Boys in Bern on Thursday night
Liverpool make the trip to Young Boys for their opening Europa League group game, and the Tipster is backing Jonjo Shelvey to score in Bern on Thursday night.
Elsewhere, our resident betting expert is backing under 2.5 goals between Newcastle United and Marítimo, while tipping plenty of goals at White Hart Lane, although he reckons Lazio will snatch a draw or beat Tottenham Hotspur.
Shelvey to score at any time v Young Boys – 10/3
Shelvey is expected to figure in Liverpool’s midfield in the absence of Steven Gerrard on Thursday night. The 20-year-old netted his first goal for England’s Under-21 side during the international break and he scored eight goals for Blackpool and the Reds last season. So the Tipster’s opening bet for this edition is Shelvey to score at any time at solid odds of 10/3.
Under 2.5 goals in Marítimo v Newcastle – 3/5
Marítimo have kept a clean sheet in their last three Europa League games, while there have been under 2.5 goals scored in their four most recent fixtures in the competition. Similarly, Newcastle’s last three games have seen under three goals – and so the Tipster reckons under 2.5 goals between these two sides is an excellent bet at 3/5.
Lazio to win or draw against Tottenham – 4/5
Tottenham have made a mixed start to their Premier League campaign, winning just one of their opening four games. Lazio, meanwhile, have made an electric start in Serie A and boast a 100 per cent record after three games. The Tipster is backing Lazio to frustrate Spurs, with the Rome outfit to win or draw great value at 4/5.
Over 2.5 goals in Tottenham v Lazio – 9/10
Lazio fired three goals against Mura, Palermo and Chievo in their most recent fixtures. Meanwhile, André Villas Boas’ side sealed their first three points of the season in a 3-1 victory over Reading on Sunday. So the Tipster is backing over 2.5 goals in this one at 9/10.
The long shot: Liverpool to beat Young Boys 1-0 – 13/2
Liverpool have struggled for goals this season in the Premier League, and the Reds are yet to win domestically under new manager Brendan Rodgers. However, they have won three times in the Europa League, and twice by a score line of 1-0. With those stats in mind, the Tipster’s ambitious long shot for this edition is Liverpool to beat Young Boys 1-0 at fantastic odds of 13/2.
Join us on Facebook
- Gerrard: Balotelli can be a star for Liverpool
- Özil: Arsenal can reach Champions League final
- Özil is not getting enough praise, says Wenger
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me