- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Man City’s Gareth Barry heaps praise on Javi García and Jack Rodwell
Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry impressed by the impact of new signings Javi García and Jack Rodwell at Eastlands
Gareth Barry has been impressed by the impact of Manchester City’s new signings Javi García and Jack Rodwell.
Rodwell, signed in a £12m deal from Everton, has been deputising for Barry in midfield, while García, who completed a £15.8m switch from Benfica, is yet to make his debut for the Citizens.
“Javi García and Jack Rodwell already seem to be settling in well,” said Barry.
“I know Jack better because he’s an English guy and been playing in the Premier League for a few years and he’s a great addition to the squad.
“I think he’s done really well in the first few games he’s played and he seems to have bedded in nicely. I’m sure that the longer he’s here and the more games he plays, he’ll get better and better.
“I don’t that much about Javi just yet, but his English is excellent and I have done a bit of individual training with him. He seems like a really good player and I’m sure he’ll adapt to the English game quickly.”
Barry also admitted his former midfield partner Nigel De Jong will be missed at the Eastlands outfit after the Netherlands international joined AC Milan in August.
“I started with Nigel and he was here on my first day and made me feel very welcome so he’ll be a big loss in the dressing room and to the club – if you ask any of the other lads, they’ll say the same thing,” he added.
“Unfortunately that’s part and parcel of football and players come and go at every club. We had a good relationship on and off the pitch and played a lot of games together so as I say, he’ll be missed.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings