- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
- José Mourinho wishes Mario Balotelli all the best at Liverpool
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Signing Mario Balotelli the worst thing for the Reds’
Fightback at Man City shows Arsenal’s character, says Mannone
Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone was thrilled with the Gunners' resolve after Arsène Wenger's men earn draw at the Etihad
Vito Mannone believes Arsenal showed their character as they fought back from a goal down to secure a point at Manchester City on Sunday.
The Gunners fell behind shortly before half-time when Joleon Lescott nodded home from a corner after an evenly-contested first half.
But Arsène Wenger’s men, who enjoyed 52 per cent of the possession at the Etihad Stadium, were rewarded for their persistence when Laurent Koscielny drilled home from close range to level eight minutes from time.
“You need to show your character and show that you are ready for the big games,” Mannone, 24, told Arsenal Player.
“Every team is difficult because there is not such a difference between sides [in the Premier League]. You need to perform well every week and get as many points as you can.
“We did all we could do to put pressure on them. It shows great character to come back, especially against the champions.”
Mannone admitted he was disappointed with himself for Lescott’s goal after the Italian failed to collect the corner after choosing to come off his line.
“I was not happy with the goal obviously but I came back stronger with some saves,” he said.
“The team performed really well and everyone gave everything to come back and get a point. Every save that can help the team, I am really happy with.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mourinho backs Cahill for England captaincy
- Mourinho: I don't have to explain my decision to Cech
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip