- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
I’m in better form this season, insists Newcastle striker Demba Ba
Newcastle United striker Demba Ba insists he is in top form after the Senegal striker netted the winner against Norwich City
Demba Ba believes he is in better form this season after the Senegal striker netted Newcastle United’s winner in a 1-0 victory over Norwich City on Sunday.
The 27-year-old has endured a mixed week after his brace for the Magpies in 2-2 draw with Everton was overshadowed by his agent hinting the striker was unsettled at St James’ Park.
Ba scored in the 19th minute against the Canaries to seal three points for Newcastle, and the former West Ham United forward feels in top form after a slow start to the season.
“Yes, I’m happy,” he told Newcastle’s website. “I feel good, I’ve had some good games and I’ll just keep on doing what I’m doing.
“I think I’m in better form than last season so I’ll just continue to do what I do.
“Yohan [Cabaye] last Monday, the ball he gave me, and Hatem [Ben Arfa] on Sunday – when you have balls like this it’s easier to score some goals.”
“It hasn’t been too bad,” Ba added.
“We’re on the road to what we did last season and we just want to keep doing what we do best and get as many wins as possible, especially at home.
“Sunday was important because our start was not too good but not too bad. Our start was average and we needed a win to make a good step forward.
“And we have that win. It was not easy but we have it and we’re very happy that we have three points. That’s always the main thing in this sport.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck