- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
QPR’s Ryan Nelsen delighted with clean sheet against Chelsea
QPR's Ryan Nelsen reveals his delight at keeping Chelsea at bay and securing the club's first clean sheet of the season
Ryan Nelsen heaped praise on Queens Park Rangers after the Hoops kept their first clean sheet of the season against Chelsea.
Nelsen, who joined on a free transfer from Tottenham Hotspur this summer, paid credit to the club’s supporters after they created an electric atmosphere for the west London derby on Saturday.
“It was a very pleasing result for us,” Nelsen told QPR’s website.
“Getting a clean sheet is always a huge positive to take, especially against a team with the attacking options they have at their disposal.”
“I thought the fans were fantastic. They got right into the game and backed us superbly.
“In the end I think both teams will have been happy with a point.”
“I feel so sorry for Anton,” said Nelsen. “He is the victim here, but he handled himself superbly and was probably the best player on the park on the day.
“He rose to the occasion and was absolutely fantastic for us.”
Nelsen also criticised Terry for a dramatic attempt to win a penalty in the first half after clashing with QPR’s veteran defender in César’s area.
“When grown men go down like he [Terry] did it’s a bit of a shame,” added Nelsen. “There was nothing in it at all.
“If you ask John, he just fell down. I was holding him, of course, but he just fell down. He does it to everybody in their box.
“I said to him ‘that was a bit embarrassing John’ and he laughed when he ran off. He didn’t say anything to me, I think he was too embarrassed.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place