- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
Roberto Di Matteo has high hopes for Chelsea’s trio of playmakers
Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo is convinced Oscar, Eden Hazard and Juan Mata will soon adapt to playing together
Roberto Di Matteo is convinced Oscar, Eden Hazard and Juan Mata will flourish as an attacking trio at Chelsea after they started Saturday’s clash with Stoke.
Di Matteo opted to deploy all three playmakers against the Potters at Stamford Bridge, as Ashley Cole’s late winner extended Chelsea’s 100 per cent start to the season.
The Chelsea boss admits the trio will need time to adapt to each others’ games but is confident they will eventually end up forming the backbone of the Blues’ attacking play.
“It’s the first time we have tried it [playing Oscar, Hazard and Mata in the same side], it certainly needs more work and practice, to tactically integrate them into our system,” said Di Matteo.
“I thought today [against Stoke] it worked very well, but it will take time for them to know each other better.
“I want them to have mobility and rotation, they are very intelligent at finding free space, we lacked a bit of width at times so we needed our full backs to provide us with that.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Owen: Rodgers will control Balotelli
- Cazorla's 'morale high' after Arsenal successes
- PHOTOS: Rooney & RVP star in Man Utd training
- VIDEO: Gibbs & Ox nominate Marriner for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Seven players who could rescue Man Utd