- Ayrton Senna’s front wing end plates sold for £18,000
- Nico Rosberg ‘takes responsibility’ for crash with Lewis Hamilton in Belgium
- Max Verstappen will cope in F1, says Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost
- 2014 Formula 1 race calendar
- 2013 Formula 1 race calendar
- Malaysian Grand Prix 2013: Picture special as Vettel grabs victory
Sebastian Vettel: It still bothers me I won the title with third in Japan
Sebastian Vettel admits he is still frustrated that he did not win last year's Japanese Grand Prix despite clinching the title
Sebastian Vettel admits he is “still a little bit bothered” that he was unable to make it a hat-trick of wins at the Japanese Grand Prix last year, despite claiming his second successive world title with third place at Suzuka in 2011.
The Red Bull driver won back-to-back grands prix in Japan in 2009 and 2010 but could only manage third place last year.
The 25-year-old admits the Japanese race is one of his favourite circuits and is targeting victory as he looks to close the 29-point gap to championship leader Fernando Alonso.
“I love the Suzuka circuit. In short, it has the most amazing corners and brilliant fans, I really like coming here,” said Vettel.
“In 2011, the country experienced unbelievable difficulties, so it was extremely important to try and give them some enjoyment and to show our support for their suffering.
“I wish I had won in 2011, it was my third Formula 1 race on my favourite track and it still bothers me a bit that I took my world title with a third place. The track itself is huge and almost every metre of it is special.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- Rosberg 'takes responsibility' for crash
- Senna's front wing end plates sold for £18,000
- Mercedes boss hits out at Rosberg
- Rosberg takes pole in Belgium
- Hamilton: It's great to be back