- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Man Utd transfers: Thomas Müller confirms Red Devils snub
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
Shinji Kagawa: I want to show what I’ve got at Manchester United
Manchester United playmaker Shinji Kagawa says he is determined to prove his worth at Old Trafford
Shinji Kagawa insists he is desperate to “show what he’s got” at Manchester United after a bright start to his Old Trafford career.
The highly-rated Japan international sealed a big-money move from Borussia Dortmund to the 19-time English champions back in June and has already netted one goal in three games for the Red Devils.
His instant impact has helped him land United’s Player of the Month for August award – but the 23-year-old is remaining focused on helping Sir Alex Ferguson’s men claw back the league title from derby rivals Manchester City this season.
“I am very happy to win the award,” Kagawa told Manchester United’s website. “I will keep trying my best in every match, to express my style of play and to help the team win.
“We are expected to challenge for trophies this season, in particular the league title, and I am committed to contributing to that goal.
“Every match counts for me, so I have to show what I’ve got. I still feel I need to fit in more naturally with the team to show my qualities. But I don’t only want to play well – we have to win the games too.”
Kagawa also reserved praise for his international team-mate Ryo Miyaichi, who is on loan at Wigan from Arsenal and could come up against the Red Devils when the Latics travel to Old Trafford this weekend.
“He [Miyaichi] is young and a very good player,” Kagawa added. “It would be nice to play against each other on the pitch and win the match in the end.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Seven players who could rescue Man Utd
- Van Persie 'looking forward' to Man Utd return
- No Destra-Torres swap deal, says agent
- VIDEO: Mourinho completes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Balotelli set to complete Liverpool move