Sorry. No data so far.
Singapore Grand Prix 2012: Sebastian Vettel tops first practice
Singapore Grand Prix 2012: Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel is quickest in first session ahead Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel was fastest in first practice under the setting sun at a damp Marina Bay Street Circuit in Singapore.
Lewis Hamilton, who won the Italian Grand Prix two weeks ago, was second for Mclaren – half a tenth behind – with team-mate Jenson Button a further eight tenths back, while Championship leader Fernando Alonso finished in fourth.
In the opening 30 minutes, spectators watched as drivers battled around the damp circuit, with most drivers opting for the intermediate tyres.
As most teams elected to only complete an installation lap, the most notable moment early in the session came when Michael Schumacher misjudged a braking zone and almost clattered into the back of his Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg.
Halfway through the session as night fell over the spectacular backdrop of the skyscrapers of Singapore, Sauber’s Kamui Kobayashi signalled the start of competitive lap times, setting the quickest time on dry tyres.
As lap times were traded throughout the remainder of the session, it was Red Bull’s Vettel and Mclaren’s Hamilton who set the pace with a large distance between them and the rest of the field.
Singapore Grand Prix 2012: First practice times
1. Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Red Bull 1:50.566
2. Lewis Hamilton (Gbr) McLaren (+0.049)
3. Jenson Button (Gbr) McLaren (+0.893)
4. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Ferrari (+0.959)
5. Pastor Maldonado (Ven) Williams (+1.010)
6. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull (+1.089)
7. Nico Hulkenberg (Ger) Force India (+1.092)
8. Paul di Resta (Gbr) Force India (+1.377)
9. Daniel Ricciardo (Aus) Scuderia Toro Rosso (+1.709)
10. Sergio Perez (Mex) Sauber-Ferrari (+1.730)
11. Bruno Senna (Bra) Williams (+2.063)
12. Kimi Räikkönen (Fin) Lotus F1 Team (+2.150)
13. Kamui Kobayashi (Jpn) Sauber-Ferrari (+2.273)
14. Michael Schumacher (Ger) Mercedes GP (+2.420)
15. Romain Grosjean (Fra) Lotus F1 Team (+2.462)
16. Felipe Massa (Bra) Ferrari (+2.514)
17. Jean-Eric Vergne (Fra) Scuderia Toro Rosso (+2.623)
18. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Mercedes GP (+2.661)
19. Timo Glock (Ger) Marussia (+4.342)
20. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) Caterham (+4.525)
21. Charles Pic (Fra) Marussia (+4.769)
22. Vitaly Petrov (Rus) Caterham (+5.194)
23. Pedro de la Rosa (Spa) HRT-F1 (+6.090)
24. Ma Qing Hua (Chi) HRT-F1 (+7.487)◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Read more on...
Nico Rosberg dismisses Italian Grand Prix conspiracy theories3 weeks ago Formula 1
Lewis Hamilton: Seeing Nico Rosberg booed in Monza ‘awkward’3 weeks ago Formula 1
Photos: Lewis Hamilton steps out with Nicole Scherzinger to collect GQ award4 weeks ago Formula 1
Nico Rosberg ‘takes responsibility’ for crash with Lewis Hamilton in Belgium1 month ago Formula 1
Ayrton Senna’s front wing end plates sold for £18,0001 month ago Formula 1
Belgian Grand Prix 2014: Hamilton ‘very upset’ after crash with Rosberg1 month ago Formula 1
Belgian Grand Prix 2014: Nico Rosberg delighted with ‘awesome’ pole1 month ago Formula 1
Belgian Grand Prix 2014: It’s great to be back, says Lewis Hamilton1 month ago Formula 1
Max Verstappen will cope in F1, says Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost1 month ago Formula 1
Red Bull chief attempts to explain Sebastian Vettel’s struggles2 months ago Formula 1
Hungarian Grand Prix 2014: Lewis Hamilton battles to third-place finish2 months ago Formula 1
Hungarian Grand Prix 2014: Hamilton suffers blow as Rosberg takes pole2 months ago Formula 1
Azerbaijan signs contract to host 2016 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe2 months ago Formula 1
Lewis Hamilton: I did as well as I could at the German Grand Prix2 months ago Formula 1
Lewis Hamilton vows to race through pain after German Grand Prix crash2 months ago Formula 1
Lewis Hamilton: No mind games with Nico Rosberg in F1 title race2 months ago Formula 1
Nico Rosberg signs new ‘multi-year’ Mercedes deal3 months ago Formula 1
Sebastian Vettel: Red Bull must close the gap to Mercedes3 months ago Formula 1
Nico Rosberg tells Lewis Hamilton: I’m 100% German3 months ago Formula 1
Lewis Hamilton entering ‘attack mode’ in Formula 1 title race3 months ago Formula 1