- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
West Brom 1 Liverpool 2: It was very special to score for Reds, says Sahin
West Brom 1 Liverpool 2: Nuri Sahin admits it was a "very special" feeling to score his first two goals for the Reds at the Hawthorns
Nuri Sahin admitted it was a “very special” feeling to score his first goals for Liverpool after the Turkey international helped the Reds to victory over West Bromwich Albion in the Capital One Cup.
The 24-year-old netted from long range in the first half to cancel out Gabriel Tama’s early opener, before the midfielder – on loan from Real Madrid – tapped home in the 82nd minute.
“It was very special for me to score my first goal for Liverpool and it was a proud moment,” Sahin told Liverpool’s website.
“We played with a young side and they showed a lot of character, especially to come back from 1-0 down and they did very well.
“It was a good night for the club and I was happy to see the young players get their chance and show what they can do.
“I was impressed with Jack Robinson who did well at left-back but to be fair they all did very well.
“The manager told us we have to shoot more when we get a sight of goal.
“I had some space and time and I know it was a mistake by their goalkeeper but if you don’t shoot you don’t score, so I was happy to see it go in.”
Sahin is expected to feature in Liverpool’s trip to Norwich City on Saturday with Jonjo Shelvey suspended – and the Turkey international has vowed to seize his chance to impress Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.
“That’s down to the manager who plays but I am enjoying playing in this team. I love playing good football and this team gives me the chance to do that,” Sahin added.
“I just want to help the team and give my best when I get the chance and hopefully we can get another victory on Saturday.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea