- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry talks up ‘quality’ Gedion Zelalem
- Brendan Rodgers likens Philippe Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- I want to be Arsenal’s No10, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain tells Jack Wilshere
- Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger confirms David Ospina signing
Wigan 1 Fulham 2: Jol pleased to see Cottagers take the initiative
Wigan 1 Fulham 2: Martin Jol was thrilled with his side's positive play after the Londoners seal at DW Stadium
Martin Jol hailed Fulham’s positive play after the Cottagers sealed victory at Wigan Athletic to hoist his side up to fourth in the Premier League table.
Hugo Rodallega netted against his former club to give the Londoners the lead in the 31st minute, before Damien Duff doubled their advantage after the break.
Arouna Kone pulled one back for Roberto Martinez’s men but the Cottagers held on – and Jol was satisfied with the overall display.
“It is nice to get three points on the board,” Jol told BBC Sport. “They are a difficult team. They have had a good few results this season. It was pleasing to see us taking the initiative. We gave it away in midfield a bit after that.
“But in the second half we took the initiative again and we got the win. We needed that goal as they scored in added time. You can’t complain because they are a good football team, they deserved a goal too.”
“One of the reasons that I played him was because it was against his former team and he had extra motivation to score against his old club and that’s what he done.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cazorla 'very happy' despite Atletico link
- Sharpe: Van Gaal needs to sign two defenders
- Cleverley: I'm a Van Gaal player
- Oxlade-Chamberlain eyes Wilshere's No10
- 'Coutinho will become even bigger Liverpool diamond'