- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Wigan 1 Fulham 2: Jol pleased to see Cottagers take the initiative
Wigan 1 Fulham 2: Martin Jol was thrilled with his side's positive play after the Londoners seal at DW Stadium
Martin Jol hailed Fulham’s positive play after the Cottagers sealed victory at Wigan Athletic to hoist his side up to fourth in the Premier League table.
Hugo Rodallega netted against his former club to give the Londoners the lead in the 31st minute, before Damien Duff doubled their advantage after the break.
Arouna Kone pulled one back for Roberto Martinez’s men but the Cottagers held on – and Jol was satisfied with the overall display.
“It is nice to get three points on the board,” Jol told BBC Sport. “They are a difficult team. They have had a good few results this season. It was pleasing to see us taking the initiative. We gave it away in midfield a bit after that.
“But in the second half we took the initiative again and we got the win. We needed that goal as they scored in added time. You can’t complain because they are a good football team, they deserved a goal too.”
“One of the reasons that I played him was because it was against his former team and he had extra motivation to score against his old club and that’s what he done.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place