- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
William Gallas: Tottenham shouldn’t panic despite tough start under AVB
Tottenham Hotspur defender William Gallas has urged Spurs not to panic despite their poor start to the Premier League season
William Gallas has urged Tottenham Hotspur not to panic despite a difficult start to the Premier League season.
Spurs are yet to win a league game under Harry Redknapp’s successor André Villas-Boas after losing to Newcastle United in the opening fixture, followed by successive draws against West Bromwich Albion and Norwich City.
Tottenham make the trip to Reading on Sunday in search of three points, and Gallas warned his team-mates not to underestimate the newly-promoted side.
“We have only two points, but we don’t have to be too much afraid because it’s the beginning of the season, we have a new manager and a new style,” Gallas told Tottenham’s website.
“We have to be very focused on what we have to do and we have to be focused for 90 minutes or maybe more.
“All the players want to win, the fans want to see their team win so on Sunday we will try to get the three points.
“We have to be very strong against that team because they are good, they are strong and they are playing well.”
Meanwhile, Villas-Boas is confident Tottenham’s deadline day signing Clint Dempsey can help improve the club’s goal scoring record.
“Dempsey can play all different kinds of position,” Villas-Boas said.
“He can play behind the striker, as the main striker or in the channels.
“He is a player who scored 17 last season, 12 the season before.
“He is a massive goalscorer and another good coup in the market on the final day of the window for us.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age
- Scholes: Rooney be next Man Uatd captain
- Three reasons why Chelsea isn't right for Lukaku
- Lukaku ready to 'write new chapter'