- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere: I’ll be back to my best after a few more games
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere says he will rediscover his best form after returning to first-team action following his injury woes
Jack Wilshere believes he can rekindle his best form in the coming months after the Arsenal midfielder made a successful return from an injury nightmare in October.
The 20-year-old returned from a string of ankle and knee injuries in a 1-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers before receiving a red card in a 2-1 loss at Old Trafford.
Wilshere is part of Roy Hodgson’s England squad for Wednesday’s game against Sweden, and although the Gunners youngster is still getting to grips with the pace of the Premier League, he vowed to get back to his best.
“I’m quite surprised actually [about the England call-up]. When I first played in the Under-21s I was really rusty and I think it was clear for everyone to see,” said Wilshere.
“Everyone was just being nice to me saying ‘you played well’.
“Now I’m feeling better and better as every game goes on. There’s no hiding place when you’re playing at the Emirates, at Old Trafford and you’re in front of everyone.
“You have to be at a certain standard so you don’t let your team-mates and your fans down.
“Mentally it has been tough because you question yourself all the time.
“You go to the Emirates, you watch games and you think ‘Has it got quicker? I don’t remember it being this quick. Can I get back to this level that I was at before?’
“But I feel good now and hopefully, with a few more games, I can get back to my best.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke
- Redknapp: Borini's wage demands prevented deal
- Lamela wishes Sandro 'all the best' at QPR
- Özil backs Welbeck to net plenty of Arsenal goals
- Welbeck to wear number 23 shirt for Arsenal