- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
Arsenal must be more ruthless in front of goal, says Kieran Gibbs
Kieran Gibbs believes Arsenal must learn to be more ruthless in front of goal after Saturday's stalemate at Aston Villa
Kieran Gibbs has called on Arsenal to become more “ruthless” in front of goal after the Gunners were held to a goalless draw at Aston Villa on Saturday.
The defender, who was returned to action at Villa Park after an injury lay-off, felt Arsène Wenger’s men created enough openings to find the net but admitted the visitors lacked conviction in the final third.
“It’s strange because their [Aston Villa] results don’t reflect their performances,” said Gibbs.
“We saw them against Man United here, and they were in the lead for quite a lot of the game. We know it’s always difficult to come to Villa.
“I think it was more we lacked a little bit of conviction in the final third. We just have to be a bit more ruthless I think.
“You can see that we’re trying to be creative. I think in this game we had enough chances to score.”
Left-back Gibbs admitted his frustration at being sidelined in recent weeks and insists he is focused on staying fit as a hectic festive fixture schedule looms large.
“It’s frustrating [to get injured] after getting off to a good run,” he contined. “I’m back now. It was just a little blip for me. We’ve got a busy period coming up and I want to concentrate on staying fit.
“I’m happy to be back playing. Hopefully I can stay fit, get a run of games, get my match fitness and [get] back on track.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers
- Twitter reacts to Arsenal's £16m signing
- Arsenal give Chambers No21 shirt
- Walcott welcomes Chambers to Arsenal
- Chambers's gives first Arsenal interview