- Arsenal transfers: Sami Khedira ‘agrees personal terms with Gunners’
- Abou Diaby can be a major asset for Arsenal, says Arsène Wenger
- Photos: Man Utd train ahead of LA Galaxy clash
- Photos: Liverpool train at Harvard University
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal want £24m Carvalho, Man Utd to sign Hummels
- Abou Diaby hopeful of staying injury-free with Arsenal this season
I’m deadly up front! Arsenal’s Walcott says he’s proven worth in front of goal
Arsenal's Theo Walcott believes he has significantly improved his finishing in recent months after netting 10th goal of the season
Theo Walcott feels he has showcased his ability in front of goal for Arsenal in recent months after he netted his 10th goal of the season in Wednesday’s 1-1 draw at Everton.
The 23-year-old gave the Gunners the lead inside 60 seconds at Goodison Park with a well-taken finish before Arsène Wenger’s men were pegged back by Marouane Fellaini’s equaliser.
And Walcott, who has made no secret of his desire to be deployed as a striker, believes he is now much more confident when presented with goal-scoring opportunities.
“Those are the sort of positions [at Everton] that this season and in the last few seasons I have been quite deadly in,” said Walcott, whose future remains a subject of constant speculation, with the forward in the final year of his current Arsenal deal.
“When given a little sniff I am able to take it now. The goals [I have scored] show that.
“I think I scored 11 last season and 13 the year before. Not just that, but my general play [is getting better] as well. The assists are coming now, which is fantastic, and I am enjoying my football.
“I am very happy with the way I have started and it has got to continue. Hopefully I will take it into Saturday’s game [against Swansea].”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Diaby hopeful of staying injury-free
- PHOTOS: Man Utd train in LA
- PHOTOS: Liverpool train at Harvard University
- Evra thanks fans after Man Utd exit
- Twitter reacts as Gerrard quits England