- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
I’m deadly up front! Arsenal’s Walcott says he’s proven worth in front of goal
Arsenal's Theo Walcott believes he has significantly improved his finishing in recent months after netting 10th goal of the season
Theo Walcott feels he has showcased his ability in front of goal for Arsenal in recent months after he netted his 10th goal of the season in Wednesday’s 1-1 draw at Everton.
The 23-year-old gave the Gunners the lead inside 60 seconds at Goodison Park with a well-taken finish before Arsène Wenger’s men were pegged back by Marouane Fellaini’s equaliser.
And Walcott, who has made no secret of his desire to be deployed as a striker, believes he is now much more confident when presented with goal-scoring opportunities.
“Those are the sort of positions [at Everton] that this season and in the last few seasons I have been quite deadly in,” said Walcott, whose future remains a subject of constant speculation, with the forward in the final year of his current Arsenal deal.
“When given a little sniff I am able to take it now. The goals [I have scored] show that.
“I think I scored 11 last season and 13 the year before. Not just that, but my general play [is getting better] as well. The assists are coming now, which is fantastic, and I am enjoying my football.
“I am very happy with the way I have started and it has got to continue. Hopefully I will take it into Saturday’s game [against Swansea].”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers