- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger hints at two signings in January
Arsenal transfers: Arsene Wenger hints that he will look to bring two new players to Emirates Stadium in January window
Arsène Wenger has hinted that Arsenal could sign two players in the January transfer window and says a loan deal for Thierry Henry remains a possibility.
The Arsenal boss has been under increasing pressure to bolster his squad, with the Gunners having stuttered to their worst-ever start to a Premier League season.
Wenger revealed that he will have funds at his disposal in January and also confirmed his interest in bringing Gunners legend Henry back for another temporary spell at Emirates Stadium.
“This winter we will work very hard because we have some funds available,” Wenger, whose side are seventh in the Premier League table, told French television station Bein Sport. “It could happen that we buy two players, but I cannot reveal the names.
“A loan [for Henry] is still a possibility, but we will still try to strengthen for the long term. Henry is the talent that you dream to have.
“He has fantastic physique, fantastic technique, a fantastic brain, all built together in one man. At the start he was not confident enough but he has gone on to show what a great player he is.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place