- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger hints at two signings in January
Arsenal transfers: Arsene Wenger hints that he will look to bring two new players to Emirates Stadium in January window
Arsène Wenger has hinted that Arsenal could sign two players in the January transfer window and says a loan deal for Thierry Henry remains a possibility.
The Arsenal boss has been under increasing pressure to bolster his squad, with the Gunners having stuttered to their worst-ever start to a Premier League season.
Wenger revealed that he will have funds at his disposal in January and also confirmed his interest in bringing Gunners legend Henry back for another temporary spell at Emirates Stadium.
“This winter we will work very hard because we have some funds available,” Wenger, whose side are seventh in the Premier League table, told French television station Bein Sport. “It could happen that we buy two players, but I cannot reveal the names.
“A loan [for Henry] is still a possibility, but we will still try to strengthen for the long term. Henry is the talent that you dream to have.
“He has fantastic physique, fantastic technique, a fantastic brain, all built together in one man. At the start he was not confident enough but he has gone on to show what a great player he is.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers