- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs signing will face Liverpool
Chelsea’s Cech: Liverpool striker Suárez deserves credit for not diving
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech praises Luis Suárez for not diving during clash late on in Sunday's draw at Stamford Bridge
Petr Cech believes Luis Suárez deserves “credit” for not going to ground during Liverpool’s draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Suárez nodded home Jamie Carragher’s flick-on in the 73rd minute to cancel out John Terry’s opener, and the Uruguay forward had a chance to snatch the three points late on as he contested a loose ball with Cech.
The striker opted to stay on his feet and goalkeeper Cech admits he was pleased to see Suárez choose not to go down after having come under heavy criticism for his supposed theatrics this season.
“We should give Suárez credit because when we had a one-versus-one, he didn’t try to cheat and jump or dive, and that was a fair thing for him to do,” Cech said.
“We all know how dangerous he is in the box. He’s a natural goal-scorer, always in the right place to tap the ball in. It’s a gift not everyone has.
“He is on fire this season in terms of scoring goals and, unfortunately, he had the chance to keep that run going on Sunday.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Lovren: This is Liverpool's year
- 'Top four would be huge for Man Utd'
- Scholes questions Man Utd move for Blind
- Get 10/1 on Man City, Barcelona and more!
- Agger seals return to Brondby