- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Chelsea’s Cech: Liverpool striker Suárez deserves credit for not diving
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech praises Luis Suárez for not diving during clash late on in Sunday's draw at Stamford Bridge
Petr Cech believes Luis Suárez deserves “credit” for not going to ground during Liverpool’s draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Suárez nodded home Jamie Carragher’s flick-on in the 73rd minute to cancel out John Terry’s opener, and the Uruguay forward had a chance to snatch the three points late on as he contested a loose ball with Cech.
The striker opted to stay on his feet and goalkeeper Cech admits he was pleased to see Suárez choose not to go down after having come under heavy criticism for his supposed theatrics this season.
“We should give Suárez credit because when we had a one-versus-one, he didn’t try to cheat and jump or dive, and that was a fair thing for him to do,” Cech said.
“We all know how dangerous he is in the box. He’s a natural goal-scorer, always in the right place to tap the ball in. It’s a gift not everyone has.
“He is on fire this season in terms of scoring goals and, unfortunately, he had the chance to keep that run going on Sunday.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea
- Twitter reacts as Everton sign Lukaku
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria