- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Chelsea’s Cech: Liverpool striker Suárez deserves credit for not diving
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech praises Luis Suárez for not diving during clash late on in Sunday's draw at Stamford Bridge
Petr Cech believes Luis Suárez deserves “credit” for not going to ground during Liverpool’s draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Suárez nodded home Jamie Carragher’s flick-on in the 73rd minute to cancel out John Terry’s opener, and the Uruguay forward had a chance to snatch the three points late on as he contested a loose ball with Cech.
The striker opted to stay on his feet and goalkeeper Cech admits he was pleased to see Suárez choose not to go down after having come under heavy criticism for his supposed theatrics this season.
“We should give Suárez credit because when we had a one-versus-one, he didn’t try to cheat and jump or dive, and that was a fair thing for him to do,” Cech said.
“We all know how dangerous he is in the box. He’s a natural goal-scorer, always in the right place to tap the ball in. It’s a gift not everyone has.
“He is on fire this season in terms of scoring goals and, unfortunately, he had the chance to keep that run going on Sunday.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd
- Balotelli tell Sturridge to brush up his dancing
- 'Falcao will give Man Utd wonderful lift'