- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
- Liverpool transfers: Serge Aurier reveals talks over future
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal back in for Balotelli, Man Utd bid for Cuadrado
- Arsenal transfers: AC Milan admit Mario Balotelli could leave
Chelsea transfers: David Luiz urges Radamel Falcao to join Blues
Chelsea transfers: David Luiz admits he would love to see Radamel Falcao seal a move to Stamford Bridge
David Luiz has urged Radamel Falcao to move to Chelsea as speculation over the striker’s future continues to mount.
Falcao was Chelsea’s chief tormentor as Atlético Madrid ran out 4-1 winners in the Uefa Super Cup back in August, with the striker netting a memorable hat-trick against Roberto Di Matteo’s men in Monaco.
The 26-year-old forward, who has already scored 10 league goals this term, has been heavily linked with a January move to the Premier League, with Manchester City and Manchester United also reportedly interested in recruiting the front-man.
And Chelsea defender Luiz admits he would love Falcao to join him at Stamford Bridge.
“I’m happy when there are great names attached to Chelsea. He’s a great player. It would be a good choice for Falcao to come to Chelsea,” said Luiz after Brazil’s 1-1 draw with Colombia on Wednesday.
“All of the players would be happy because Falcao is a great player. It’s particularly hard to stop him.”
Falcao earlier this week admitted he is “dreaming” about a move to another league but insists he remains focused on the task at hand at Atlético.
“The chance of playing in another league and for another club will come,” Falcao told Radio Caracol. “I keep dreaming. I know that in time I would like to go to a different team. But I have three more years left on my contract with Atlético.
“The dream is always there. The Premier League is an interesting league but I have a few years left on my contract with Atlético and I’m just focusing on Atlético.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Woodward: Man Utd ready to spend big
- Fàbregas: Chelsea was best option for me
- Messi 'enquired about Arsenal move'
- Mourinho convinced Chelsea can win the title
- AC Milan admit Balotelli could leave