- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Chelsea transfers: David Luiz urges Radamel Falcao to join Blues
Chelsea transfers: David Luiz admits he would love to see Radamel Falcao seal a move to Stamford Bridge
David Luiz has urged Radamel Falcao to move to Chelsea as speculation over the striker’s future continues to mount.
Falcao was Chelsea’s chief tormentor as Atlético Madrid ran out 4-1 winners in the Uefa Super Cup back in August, with the striker netting a memorable hat-trick against Roberto Di Matteo’s men in Monaco.
The 26-year-old forward, who has already scored 10 league goals this term, has been heavily linked with a January move to the Premier League, with Manchester City and Manchester United also reportedly interested in recruiting the front-man.
And Chelsea defender Luiz admits he would love Falcao to join him at Stamford Bridge.
“I’m happy when there are great names attached to Chelsea. He’s a great player. It would be a good choice for Falcao to come to Chelsea,” said Luiz after Brazil’s 1-1 draw with Colombia on Wednesday.
“All of the players would be happy because Falcao is a great player. It’s particularly hard to stop him.”
Falcao earlier this week admitted he is “dreaming” about a move to another league but insists he remains focused on the task at hand at Atlético.
“The chance of playing in another league and for another club will come,” Falcao told Radio Caracol. “I keep dreaming. I know that in time I would like to go to a different team. But I have three more years left on my contract with Atlético.
“The dream is always there. The Premier League is an interesting league but I have a few years left on my contract with Atlético and I’m just focusing on Atlético.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea