- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Harry Redknapp won’t discuss Queens Park Rangers reports
Harry Redknapp remains quiet on speculation linking him with QPR job out of respect for current boss Mark Hughes
Harry Redknapp refused to be drawn on reports linking him with the managerial position at Queens Park Rangers after Mark Hughes’ position came under further scrutiny following the Hoops’ 3-1 home defeat by Southampton.
The west Londoners are still to record their first Premier League victory of the season and remain rooted to the foot of the table with just four points from their opening 12 games.
With pressure mounting on Hughes, a section of QPR fans signalled their discontent at the club’s precarious position by unveiling a banner reading: ‘Harry Come And Save Us’ during Saturday’s defeat at Loftus Road.
But the former Spurs boss chose not to comment on the speculation when asked about the reports on Match of the Day on Saturday.
“It would not be fair of me to talk [about the QPR job]. Mark is in the position he is in, but he is a top bloke, an excellent manager,” Redknapp said.
“He signed Vincent Kompany so he knows what he is about. Until there is a change, if there is, is would not be fair of me to discuss it.
“My wife put the banner up, she just wants to get me out of the house! We will wait and see.”
QPR chairman Tony Fernandes on Saturday pledged his support to “all players and all management” at the club following the Hoops’ third home defeat of the season.
“I have put my heart and soul into this with my other shareholders,” Fernandes wrote on Twitter.
“And done all we can to give support to players and all management. I can only apologise to the QPR fans. We keep fighting.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Arsenal trio set to miss league opener
- Wenger: I couldn't play Ramsey at The Emirates
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd