- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd’s Louis van Gaal needs to show respect, blasts Liverpool legend
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Tottenham give latest injury update ahead of Liverpool clash
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
Joe Hart: Man City’s poor Euro performances are a surprise
Goalkeeper Joe Hart admits his surprise at Manchester City's failure to perform in the Champions League this season
Joe Hart admitted Manchester City have “surprised themselves” with their poor Champions League performances after a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid ended the Citzens’ hopes of reaching the knockout stage.
France international Karim Benzema put the visitors ahead inside six minutes, before City striker Sergio Agüero levelled from the penalty spot in the 72nd minute.
Yaya Touré and Carlos Tevez came close to scoring a late winner, but Hart conceded the Premier League champions had endured a terrible campaign, with Roberto Mancini’s men without a win in Europe.
“I’m very disappointed. We had a few opportunities in this group where we could have done a lot better,” Hart told Sky Sports.
“We’re out of the competition but we’ve got a big game on Sunday [against Chelsea].”
He added: “All games have cost us [this season]. We’ve lost our two away games and not won at home.
“We’ll look at both opportunities were we lost in Amsterdam and Madrid.
“It’s been a bad campaign for us. It’s been very frustrating because we’re a very good team.
“But we’ve surprised ourselves in a very bad way in this campaign and unfortunately we weren’t able to do this business when it mattered.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Thompson: Liverpool must be more aggressive
- Gerrard hails Agger as a 'top player'
- Balotelli 'understands' penalty situation
- Twitter reacts as Agger leaves Liverpool
- Wenger reveals enquiries for Campbell