- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
Brendan Rodgers: Raheem Sterling will commit future to Liverpool
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is confident youngster Raheem Sterling will pen a new long-term deal at the club
Brendan Rodgers is certain Liverpool youngster Raheem Sterling will sign a long-term deal after making his breakthrough at Anfield this season.
The former Queens Park Rangers youth player was handed his first England cap in last week’s 4-2 loss to Sweden, and Rodgers expects Sterling to commit his future to the Reds.
“Raheem is in a real good place here,” said Rodgers.
“He has been given an opportunity here this season and he is thriving on it and enjoying the work. He will tie down himself to a new contract because he wants to be here and he can be a great here at this football club.
“The message is very simple: we are trying to move the club forward over the next couple of years and there will be a little bit of pain along the way but there are not too many teams in the Premier League who are starting with three teenagers and he is one of our outstanding players.
“We want him to continue to grow, and others. And why would you want to leave one of the biggest clubs in world football? So it’s a no brainer.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip
- Van Gaal: Now I'm the devil of Manchester
- Giles: I wouldn't sign Balotelli for free