- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Liverpool transfers: Reds keen to sign Anzhi’s Lacina Traoré, claims agent
Liverpool transfers: Anzhi Makhachkala striker Lacina Traoré is being chased by the Reds, according to the African's agent
Liverpool have made an enquiry for Anzhi Makhachkala striker Lacina Traoré, according to the Ivory Coast international’s agent.
Liverpool’s striker shortage has been well documented, with Rodgers left with Uruguayan Luis Suárez as his only recognised senior forward at the club.
And Traoré’s agent, Dmitry Selyuk, revealed Liverpool are among a host of clubs chasing the 6ft8ins striker, with Serie A’s Udinese also keen on the African.
“Aside from Liverpool, Udinese are another on the list of clubs to have made contact about the purchase of Traore,” Selyuk told Izvestia.
“I’m afraid the Italian side won’t be able to meet the player’s valuation.”
Traoré only joined Anzhi in a €18m (£14.5m) switch from Kuban Krasnodar this summer and Selyuk insisted his client is in no rush to leave Guus Hiddink’s side.
“At the moment Lacina is happy with his situation at Anzhi,” Selyuk added. “Not long ago he signed a new contract until June 2016.
“There’s no reason for Traoré to rush.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings