- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
Liverpool transfers: Reds keen to sign Anzhi’s Lacina Traoré, claims agent
Liverpool transfers: Anzhi Makhachkala striker Lacina Traoré is being chased by the Reds, according to the African's agent
Liverpool have made an enquiry for Anzhi Makhachkala striker Lacina Traoré, according to the Ivory Coast international’s agent.
Liverpool’s striker shortage has been well documented, with Rodgers left with Uruguayan Luis Suárez as his only recognised senior forward at the club.
And Traoré’s agent, Dmitry Selyuk, revealed Liverpool are among a host of clubs chasing the 6ft8ins striker, with Serie A’s Udinese also keen on the African.
“Aside from Liverpool, Udinese are another on the list of clubs to have made contact about the purchase of Traore,” Selyuk told Izvestia.
“I’m afraid the Italian side won’t be able to meet the player’s valuation.”
Traoré only joined Anzhi in a €18m (£14.5m) switch from Kuban Krasnodar this summer and Selyuk insisted his client is in no rush to leave Guus Hiddink’s side.
“At the moment Lacina is happy with his situation at Anzhi,” Selyuk added. “Not long ago he signed a new contract until June 2016.
“There’s no reason for Traoré to rush.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip
- Van Gaal: Now I'm the devil of Manchester
- Giles: I wouldn't sign Balotelli for free