- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Man City’s Sergio Agüero: Title could be decided on goal difference again
Manchester City's Sergio Aguero says a 5-0 victory over Aston Villa could be key in terms of goal difference at the end of the season
Sergio Agüero believes Manchester City’s 5-0 victory over Aston Villa could prove crucial in terms of goal difference at the end of the season.
With Chelsea and Manchester United both losing on Saturday, Roberto Mancini’s side romped to three points courtesy of David Silva’s first-half strike and a brace of goals from Agüero and Carlos Tévez.
The Citizens ended their 44-year wait for a top-flight crown in May, pipping United to the Premier League crown on goal difference.
“The result was very good. We needed to win and now we are calm and in good spirits,” Agüero told City’s website.
“With Chelsea having lost their match [on Saturday], we are very happy.
“Goals are always good on a personal level but the most important thing is to win and get the three points.
“So obviously goals always make you happy but more so the three points.
“Yes [a clean sheet] is very good because scoring goals is good but last season we were champions on goal difference so it’s important that we don’t concede and try to score a lot.
“It’s very important the goals scored because it means we can be above other teams and we were champions because of goal difference.”
“Yes, it’s a good game – the truth is we have to win so we are going to go out to win however we can. The important thing is to win and then we will have to see the other results.
“We have to play how we have been doing and do our best to win.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Photos: Van Gaal makes Shaw train alone
- Mignolet: Origi can become top striker
- Van Gaal: I inherited broken Man Utd squad
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move