- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Man Utd transfers: Christian Eriksen ‘won’t sign new Ajax deal’
Man Utd transfers: Red Devils on alert after Ajax admit Christian Eriksen looks unlikely to pen a new contract in Amsterdam
Manchester United have been put on red alert after it emerged Christian Eriksen does not want to sign a new contract at Ajax.
The 20-year-old attacking midfielder, whose contract at the Amsterdam Arena expires in 2014, has been linked with the likes of United and Barcelona in recent months.
And it appears the Denmark international could be set for a January exit after Ajax director Marc Overmars admitted Eriksen looks unlikely to pen a new deal with the Dutch club.
“We would like Christian to sign a new contract with us, but it’s not something he wants,” Overmars told Sporten. “We will see what happens after this year.
“We speak with him and his agent and we will see what happens after December.”
Eriksen joined Ajax in 2008 and has scored 22 goals in 128 appearances for the Eredivisie side, while notching up 43 assists for his team-mates.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings