- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
Man Utd transfers: Christian Eriksen ‘won’t sign new Ajax deal’
Man Utd transfers: Red Devils on alert after Ajax admit Christian Eriksen looks unlikely to pen a new contract in Amsterdam
Manchester United have been put on red alert after it emerged Christian Eriksen does not want to sign a new contract at Ajax.
The 20-year-old attacking midfielder, whose contract at the Amsterdam Arena expires in 2014, has been linked with the likes of United and Barcelona in recent months.
And it appears the Denmark international could be set for a January exit after Ajax director Marc Overmars admitted Eriksen looks unlikely to pen a new deal with the Dutch club.
“We would like Christian to sign a new contract with us, but it’s not something he wants,” Overmars told Sporten. “We will see what happens after this year.
“We speak with him and his agent and we will see what happens after December.”
Eriksen joined Ajax in 2008 and has scored 22 goals in 128 appearances for the Eredivisie side, while notching up 43 assists for his team-mates.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Owen: Falcao is signing of the summer
- Is Falcao the signing Man Utd need?
- Falcao is top buy, declares Ronaldo
- PHOTO: Arsenal & Liverpool stars go to the cinema
- Cech won't rule out Chelsea exit