- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Man City’s Mario Balotelli can be one of world’s best, says Roberto Mancini
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes Mario Balotelli has the talent to become one of the world's best players
Roberto Mancini believes Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is good enough to join Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as one of the world’s best players.
The Italy international has been largely out-of-favour at the Citizens this term, with the 22-year-old scoring just three goals in 13 appearances in all competitions.
“Mario, outside the pitch, is a fantastic guy. Sometimes he doesn’t understand which is your job, and how his job is important for his life, but I hope for him that he can understand this quickly,” said Mancini.
“Now he is 22 but life can go quickly and I hope he can improve everything because as a player he could be like Cristiano and Messi, if he understands that to be like this you should work hard, your mind should be always on your job, not on the other things that are not important. I am very sorry for him for this.
“He has everything to be one of the best players in the world.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Arsenal trio set to miss league opener
- Wenger: I couldn't play Ramsey at The Emirates
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream