- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid boss gives update on Sami Khedira
Man City’s Mario Balotelli can be one of world’s best, says Roberto Mancini
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes Mario Balotelli has the talent to become one of the world's best players
Roberto Mancini believes Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is good enough to join Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as one of the world’s best players.
The Italy international has been largely out-of-favour at the Citizens this term, with the 22-year-old scoring just three goals in 13 appearances in all competitions.
“Mario, outside the pitch, is a fantastic guy. Sometimes he doesn’t understand which is your job, and how his job is important for his life, but I hope for him that he can understand this quickly,” said Mancini.
“Now he is 22 but life can go quickly and I hope he can improve everything because as a player he could be like Cristiano and Messi, if he understands that to be like this you should work hard, your mind should be always on your job, not on the other things that are not important. I am very sorry for him for this.
“He has everything to be one of the best players in the world.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Campbell: Balotelli deal too good to turn down
- Robson: Balotelli is a bad move for Liverpool
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Talking points
- Limassol 1 Tottenham 2: Player ratings