- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
Man Utd’s Shinji Kagawa set to miss another ‘three or four weeks’
Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson confirms Shinji Kagawa will be out for another "three or four weeks" with a knee injury
Shinji Kagawa will be sidelined for another “three or four weeks” with a knee injury, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed.
The Japan international suffered the problem in a 3-2 victory over Braga in the Champions League at Old Trafford back in October.
It was initially thought the 23-year-old would be out for four weeks, but the former Borussia Dortmund man has taken longer than expected to recover from the setback.
“Shinji’s progress has been quite slow actually,” said Ferguson. “He’s not started any outside work and we’re looking at another four weeks away, which is disappointing.
“Originally we thought three or four weeks – now it looks like seven or eight weeks.”
Kagawa has scored two Premier League goals in six appearances after completing a move to the Red Devils in June.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck