- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Tottenham’s Clint Dempsey: I didn’t feel valued & appreciated at Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Clint Dempsey reveals he left Fulham because he didn't feel "valued and appreciated enough"
Clint Dempsey has revealed he didn’t feel “valued and appreciated enough” at Fulham, triggering his deadline-day move across London to Tottenham Hotspur.
The United States international is set to return to his former club on Saturday for the first time since swapping Craven Cottage for White Hart Lane in a
£6m deal back in August.
Dempsey, who scored 60 goals during a five-and-a-half year spell at Fulham, insisted he would have stayed at the west London club had he felt more wanted.
“If you always felt valued and appreciated enough, I don’t think you’d ever leave, but it came to a point for me where I didn’t feel valued and appreciated, not by the fans, but by other situations,” Dempsey told the Independent.
“That’s just the way things went.”
He added: “Any time I go back, there will always be good memories.
“It’s unfortunate how things happened in the end but you look forward to going back and how you’re received, you’re received.
“But no matter what, I’ll always look back with good memories and be grateful for the club and the fans for the way they took care of me.
“The fans were great to me, the chairman was great to me and it got to the point where I wanted to keep going and try to further my career.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance
- Photos: Man Utd squad meet tennis stars