- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Tottenham’s Clint Dempsey: I didn’t feel valued & appreciated at Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Clint Dempsey reveals he left Fulham because he didn't feel "valued and appreciated enough"
Clint Dempsey has revealed he didn’t feel “valued and appreciated enough” at Fulham, triggering his deadline-day move across London to Tottenham Hotspur.
The United States international is set to return to his former club on Saturday for the first time since swapping Craven Cottage for White Hart Lane in a
£6m deal back in August.
Dempsey, who scored 60 goals during a five-and-a-half year spell at Fulham, insisted he would have stayed at the west London club had he felt more wanted.
“If you always felt valued and appreciated enough, I don’t think you’d ever leave, but it came to a point for me where I didn’t feel valued and appreciated, not by the fans, but by other situations,” Dempsey told the Independent.
“That’s just the way things went.”
He added: “Any time I go back, there will always be good memories.
“It’s unfortunate how things happened in the end but you look forward to going back and how you’re received, you’re received.
“But no matter what, I’ll always look back with good memories and be grateful for the club and the fans for the way they took care of me.
“The fans were great to me, the chairman was great to me and it got to the point where I wanted to keep going and try to further my career.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck