- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers looks like top defender, says Liverpool legend
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger coy on January plans
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger refuses to give anything away when quizzed on his plans for the January window
Arsène Wenger remained coy when quizzed over the Arsenal manager’s plans for the January transfer window.
Thierry Henry has been linked with another return to The Emirates on loan after Wenger confirmed that he will have funds to spend on new recruits in January.
But the Arsenal manager, whose side slumped to a shock home defeat by Swansea City on Saturday to leave the north Londoners in 10th place in the Premier League table, insisted the Gunners must seek solutions internally until the transfer window opens in the new year.
“We have a lot of important games until January,” Wenger said. “We’ll decide [on targets] in January but at the moment, we have to find solutions before then.
“At the moment there is uncertainty among the fans, they do not have complete confidence that we will win the game but does it have an influence on our performances? I don’t know.
“I feel we have to look at the solution from inside, and don’t expect too much from outside.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Ozil much better long-term signing than Sanchez'
- Jones: Lovren and Lallana will shine for Liverpool
- Chambers comfortable at centre-half
- Van Gaal needs time to work magic, says Van Gaal
- 'Arsenal aren't strong enough to win title'