- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Aston Villa transfers: Given won’t be sold in January, insists Lambert
Aston Villa transfers: Paul Lambert insists he is not looking to sell out-of-favour goalkeeper Shay Given
Paul Lambert has insisted he is not looking to sell out-of-favour Aston Villa goalkeeper Shay Given.
The former Republic of Ireland goalkeeper has fallen behind American Brad Guzan in the pecking order at Villa Park after a number of high-profile mistakes at the start of the campaign.
The 36-year-old still has three-and-a-half years left on his contract after moving to the Birmingham outfit from Manchester City in 2011.
And Lambert is happy with his current goalkeeping options, with the Villa manager insisting Given still has a role to play at the club.
“Has there been any interest in Given? I haven’t a clue. Honestly, I’ve not had that conversation and he hasn’t said,” Lambert said.
“I’m just happy to have two quality goalkeepers here.
“Am I tempted to send Given on loan? No, I wasn’t tempted. You need the two of them to push each other.
“The fact Brad has got Shay breathing down his neck, I’m sure is driving him on.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future