- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
Aston Villa transfers: Given won’t be sold in January, insists Lambert
Aston Villa transfers: Paul Lambert insists he is not looking to sell out-of-favour goalkeeper Shay Given
Paul Lambert has insisted he is not looking to sell out-of-favour Aston Villa goalkeeper Shay Given.
The former Republic of Ireland goalkeeper has fallen behind American Brad Guzan in the pecking order at Villa Park after a number of high-profile mistakes at the start of the campaign.
The 36-year-old still has three-and-a-half years left on his contract after moving to the Birmingham outfit from Manchester City in 2011.
And Lambert is happy with his current goalkeeping options, with the Villa manager insisting Given still has a role to play at the club.
“Has there been any interest in Given? I haven’t a clue. Honestly, I’ve not had that conversation and he hasn’t said,” Lambert said.
“I’m just happy to have two quality goalkeepers here.
“Am I tempted to send Given on loan? No, I wasn’t tempted. You need the two of them to push each other.
“The fact Brad has got Shay breathing down his neck, I’m sure is driving him on.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck