- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Aston Villa transfers: Given won’t be sold in January, insists Lambert
Aston Villa transfers: Paul Lambert insists he is not looking to sell out-of-favour goalkeeper Shay Given
Paul Lambert has insisted he is not looking to sell out-of-favour Aston Villa goalkeeper Shay Given.
The former Republic of Ireland goalkeeper has fallen behind American Brad Guzan in the pecking order at Villa Park after a number of high-profile mistakes at the start of the campaign.
The 36-year-old still has three-and-a-half years left on his contract after moving to the Birmingham outfit from Manchester City in 2011.
And Lambert is happy with his current goalkeeping options, with the Villa manager insisting Given still has a role to play at the club.
“Has there been any interest in Given? I haven’t a clue. Honestly, I’ve not had that conversation and he hasn’t said,” Lambert said.
“I’m just happy to have two quality goalkeepers here.
“Am I tempted to send Given on loan? No, I wasn’t tempted. You need the two of them to push each other.
“The fact Brad has got Shay breathing down his neck, I’m sure is driving him on.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings