- Man Utd transfers: ‘Marco Reus rejected Red Devils move’
- Transfer round-up: Di Maria to sign for Man Utd, Arsenal target Manolas
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Tottenham transfers: ‘Mateo Musacchio set to snub Spurs’
Chelsea transfers: David Villa would be happy here, says Oriol Romeu
Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu admits he would love to see Barcelona striker David Villa move to Stamford Bridge
Oriol Romeu admits he would love to see David Villa join Chelsea from Barcelona in the January transfer window.
The Barcelona forward has been the subject of speculation linking him with an exit from Camp Nou in recent weeks, with both Chelsea and Arsenal touted as possible destinations for the Spain striker.
And former Barcelona midfielder Romeu, who is set to miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, would be thrilled to see the 31-year-old seal a move to Stamford Bridge.
“I don’t know what Villa’s situation is, but if a great player like him comes, the record goalscorer with the national team, he would be welcomed and we would be happy,” Romeu said on Spanish radio show Esports Cope.
Arsenal have also been linked with a move for Villa but Gunners boss Arsène Wenger refused to be drawn on the speculation when quizzed about it during his weekly news briefing on Friday.
The Arsenal manager said: “Any interest we have in any players has to be kept secret at the moment. I cannot come out with any names.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- VIDEO: Van Persie takes ice bucket challenge
- Robson: Man Utd don't need an overhaul
- VIDEO: Song takes ice bucket challenge, nominates Podolski
- Bilic: Besitkas out to spoil Arsenal plans
- Sporting Lisbon deny Carvalho bid