- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Chelsea transfers: David Villa would be happy here, says Oriol Romeu
Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu admits he would love to see Barcelona striker David Villa move to Stamford Bridge
Oriol Romeu admits he would love to see David Villa join Chelsea from Barcelona in the January transfer window.
The Barcelona forward has been the subject of speculation linking him with an exit from Camp Nou in recent weeks, with both Chelsea and Arsenal touted as possible destinations for the Spain striker.
And former Barcelona midfielder Romeu, who is set to miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, would be thrilled to see the 31-year-old seal a move to Stamford Bridge.
“I don’t know what Villa’s situation is, but if a great player like him comes, the record goalscorer with the national team, he would be welcomed and we would be happy,” Romeu said on Spanish radio show Esports Cope.
Arsenal have also been linked with a move for Villa but Gunners boss Arsène Wenger refused to be drawn on the speculation when quizzed about it during his weekly news briefing on Friday.
The Arsenal manager said: “Any interest we have in any players has to be kept secret at the moment. I cannot come out with any names.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodgers likens Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Torino chief wants Cerci decision
- Shaqiri 'staying at Bayern Munich'
- Arsenal can kick on, insists Arteta
- Wenger: Sanchez has qualities Arsenal lack