- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Photos: Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney all smiles at Man Utd training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid boss gives update on Sami Khedira
Chelsea transfers: Hulk threatens to quit Zenit Saint Petersburg
Chelsea transfers: Hulk threatens to quit Zenit Saint Petersburg in January following dispute with manager Luciano Spalletti
Chelsea target Hulk has admitted he could quit Zenit Saint Petersburg in January if a dispute with manager Luciano Spalletti is not resolved.
The Brazilian forward reacted angrily when he was substituted in the 80th minute of Tuesday’s Champions League win over AC Milan, with the 26-year-old shunning the coach’s offer of a handshake as he left the pitch.
And the former Porto striker, who has been heavily linked with a move to Chelsea in recent seasons, threatened to quit the club following the incident.
“I feel fine in Saint Petersburg, my family is fine and my son is fine,” Hulk told Premium Calcio.
“But if the situation with Luciano Spalletti does not resolve itself, I could leave in January. I don’t know if Italy would be my destination, but anything can happen.”
The Zenit manager, however, moved to play down the situation after the game.
“All big players don’t react well when they’re substituted,” Spalletti told Zenit’s website. “The most important thing is that we won the game.”
Hulk secured a €40m (£32.5) move to Zenit from Porto in September after scoring 78 goals in 169 games for the Portuguese club.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Is Rodgers the right man to tame Balotelli?
- Clarke: Arsenal haven't missed out on Balotelli
- Koeman rules out Schneiderlin exit
- Owen: Rodgers will control Balotelli
- Cazorla's 'morale high' after Arsenal successes