- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Chelsea transfers: Hulk threatens to quit Zenit Saint Petersburg
Chelsea transfers: Hulk threatens to quit Zenit Saint Petersburg in January following dispute with manager Luciano Spalletti
Chelsea target Hulk has admitted he could quit Zenit Saint Petersburg in January if a dispute with manager Luciano Spalletti is not resolved.
The Brazilian forward reacted angrily when he was substituted in the 80th minute of Tuesday’s Champions League win over AC Milan, with the 26-year-old shunning the coach’s offer of a handshake as he left the pitch.
And the former Porto striker, who has been heavily linked with a move to Chelsea in recent seasons, threatened to quit the club following the incident.
“I feel fine in Saint Petersburg, my family is fine and my son is fine,” Hulk told Premium Calcio.
“But if the situation with Luciano Spalletti does not resolve itself, I could leave in January. I don’t know if Italy would be my destination, but anything can happen.”
The Zenit manager, however, moved to play down the situation after the game.
“All big players don’t react well when they’re substituted,” Spalletti told Zenit’s website. “The most important thing is that we won the game.”
Hulk secured a €40m (£32.5) move to Zenit from Porto in September after scoring 78 goals in 169 games for the Portuguese club.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings