- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Chelsea transfers: Neymar keeping options open amid Barça reports
Chelsea transfers: Santos striker Neymar says he is keeping his options open despite reports linking him with a move to Barcelona
Neymar insists his touted move to Barcelona is not set in stone, with Chelsea long-term admirers of the Santos striker.
The 20-year-old has scored 43 goals in 47 appearances for Santos in 2012, taking his overall tally to 123 goals for the club since making his debut four seasons ago.
Barcelona are reported to be favourites to sign Neymar when he finally decides to leave Brazil, but the forward, who has also been linked with Manchester City, is keen to keep his options open.
“I’m sure the time will come to play in Europe,” he told Spanish newspaper AS. “It’s a childhood dream, but I think it still has not arrived.
“Barcelona have players I have always admired and I think I could play there. They have great footballers and that’s one of my dreams, but no, I never had a preference for Barcelona.”
However, Neymar is happy at Santos for the moment at least and the Brazil international has no desire to leave for Europe just yet.
“I am a santista because my family has grown up here, and I do not see myself in another team,” he added.
“I don’t have the goal of being the best in the world.
“I just want to be happy wherever I am. I want to be calm, to be cheerful when I play, and at Santos I’m happy.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Flamini: Benfica will be a good test for Arsenal
- Wenger rubbishes Quintero link
- Wenger: Vermaelen could leave Arsenal
- Wenger 'open' to doing more business
- Photos: Sánchez joins up with Arsenal squad